Difference between revisions of "BioPortal Release Notes"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
Revision as of 15:18, 18 May 2020
This page contains software release notes for the 5.x series of BioPortal.
Use the following links to access release notes for the BioPortal Virtual Appliance, and older versions of BioPortal:
- BioPortal Virtual Appliance release notes
- BioPortal 4.x release notes
- BioPortal 3.x release notes
- BioPortal 2.x release notes
BioPortal 5.11.0 (2019-February-13)
- Implemented the ability to index and efficiently search ontology branches (ncbo/ontologies_linked_data#90)
- Added path_to_root functionality to provisional classes
- Migrated code to Google Analytics API v0.10; updated the library and the method calls to the new signatures
- Added the ability to query properties on class descendants endpoint
BioPortal 5.8.0 (2018-April-26)
- Implemented a configurable number of retries for 4store failures (ncbo/ontologies_linked_data#84)
- Added a script for running SPAM deletion form the command line, added provisional classes to SPAM deletion artifacts (ncbo/ncbo_cron#13)
- Bug Fix: Recommender fails when input includes the word "concept" (ncbo/ncbo_ontology_recommender#7)
- Fixed the pull process to ignore submission candidates that do not pass the OWLAPI parser (ncbo/ncbo_cron#10)
BioPortal 5.6.0 (2017-December-19)
- Added ontologyId field to the schema in preparation for Solr upgrade
- Implemented the ability to browse flat ontologies in tree view (metadatacenter/cedar-project/issues/#407)
- Developed an endpoint to retrieve all ontologies with extended metadata (metadatacenter/cedar-project/issues/#660)
- Added the ability to sort terms in "/roots" and "/tree" endpoints (metadatacenter/cedar-project/issues/#409)
BioPortal 5.3.1 (2017-May-22)
- Fixed an issue that prevented the HIV ontology from parsing.
- Fixed an issue that caused a 404 error in the BioPortal user interface when attempting to view the class tree of the HIV ontology.
- Fixed an issue that prevented proper calculation of the set of root classes for the HP ontology.
BioPortal 5.3.0 (2017-May-02)
This API-only release adds a suite of REST endpoints for retrieving ontology properties. It also addresses limitations with our auto-generated API documentation.
- Implemented an endpoint for retrieving property trees (ontologies_api/issues/27). Documentation. Example link.
- Implemented an endpoint for retrieving property roots (ontologies_api/issues/28). Example link.
- Implemented an endpoint for retrieving property parents (ontologies_api/issues/29). Example link.
- Implemented an endpoint for retrieving property children (ontologies_api/issues/30). Example link.
- Implemented an endpoint for retrieving property ancestors (ontologies_api/issues/31). Example link.
- Implemented an endpoint for retrieving property descendants (ontologies_api/issues/32). Example link.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the API documentation from being auto-generated for ontology properties endpoints (ontologies_api/issues/33).
BioPortal 5.1.0 (2017-Apr-05)
This is an API release, which adds two new REST endpoints as well as a number of fixes and enhancements, designed to improve the asynchronous processing of ontology data.
- Implemented an endpoint for searching ontology properties (ontologies_api/issues/21). Documentation. Example link.
- Implemented an endpoint for retrieving a specific ontology property by its ID (ontologies_api/issues/22). Example link.
- Improved logging of the CRON job processing
- A more robust error handling of the CRON batch operations
- A new CRON task that allows indexing ontology properties
- An enhanced ontology processing script that now accepts a list of tasks to be performed
- Fixed a bug that prevented mappings from being saved in a file correctly during processing (ontologies_linked_data/issues/70).
BioPortal 5.0.0 (2017-Feb-06)
This release represents an overhaul of our user interface, using bootstrap as the front-end framework to enable immediate and longer-term improvements. (Since the October 2016 release, we have also made a number of minor changes, mostly under the hood, and recently added a few significant features to the Recommender; Release Notes will be added shortly for those changes.)
Please Note: Although we are aware of some bugs that have surfaced since the transition, so far they have been relatively minor and most can be worked around by re-sizing the page or changing tabs. We will be working to squash those bugs in the next few days, so please bear with us for this brief period.
- Released new BioPortal user interface, including the features described below.
- Implemented new UI framework based on boostrap, enabling cleaner management of all UI elements.
- Redesigned the front page to provide cleaner and more informative look and feel, and put key features front and center.
- Added graph to show top ontology access counts, replacing table with similar information.
- Redesigned header to move most links to the menu bar, simplifying header and unifying it across all pages.
- Redesigned footer to include appropriate and cleanly presented content, including social links, unified across all pages.
- Fixed an issue with the prompt for the ontology search on the front page, which would not produce desired results.
- Fixed layout issues in front page header.