CTSA Ontology Workshop
A 3-day NCBO ontology tutorial and dissemination event is tentative planned for spring 2012.
- Day 0 Introduction to Ontology for Non-Experts (tutorial)
- Day 1 Presentations of major ontology initiatives within the CTSA consortium:
- Chris Chute (Mayo): Data Governance and Normalization within the Mayo Clinic Enterprise
- Jessica Tennenbaum (Duke): Remarks on Genetics Ontologies
- William Hogan (Arkansas) and Werner Ceusters (Buffalo): Referent Tracking and Demographic Data Ontology
- Shawn Murphy (Partners): i2b2-Specific Ontologies
- Richard Scheuermann and Lindsay Cowell (Dallas): Building an Ontology-Based Clinical Data Warehouse
Possibly also: OCRe (for clinical research), Permissions Ontology (for consent; owned by Jihad Obeid at Medical University of South Carolina)
- Day 2 Morning: EHR and interoperability
- Presentations by EHR vendors
- Rob Wynden (UCSF): The Health Ontology Mapper (HOM).
- Day 3 Afternoon: Next Steps
- How can we measure the value brought by ontology-based approaches?
- How can we ensure high-quality and high-value approaches?
- How can we promote a consistent approach across the CTSA consortium?
Chris Chute: Building an Ontology-Based Clinical Data Warehouse