From NCBO Wiki
Revision as of 14:19, 7 February 2013 by Phismith
NCBO Dissemination and Outreach: Future Events
- Paris, November 29, 2012
- European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton, UK, April 18-19, 2013
- This course is aimed at those working in the development and implementation of biomedical applications and who wish to understand how ontologies can help with tasks such as annotation of data, searching and data integration. The course is suitable for both academics and industry alike, including advanced PhD students, research scientists and software developers. It is expected that those attending the course will already have some basic familiarity with what an ontology is though an overview of the basic features of an ontology will be given. There will be some exercises involving the use of Java and with using RESTful Web services so some understanding of Java would be required if you wish to participate in these exercises.
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA, April 29-30, 2013
- Registration and Meeting Logistics here
- Buffalo, NY, May 15-16, 2013
- The goal of this meeting is to enhance ontology coordination in relation to plant genomics, proteomics and related fields. A special focus will be the ontological treatment of diseases and phenotypes in relation to all organisms.
Second CTSA Ontology Workshop, Orlando, FL, February 11-12, 2013
NCBO Webinar Series
- The full list of Webinar presentations and recordings for past presentations is available here
Educational Documents, Video and Audio Presentations
- Educational materials created and supplied by the NCBO are available here
- For video and audio presentations of NCBO dissemination and training events see: Ontology Training: Video and Audio Presentations