Welcome to the NCBO Public WIKI. This WIKI provides information about collaborative ontology development efforts, dissemination events conducted by the NCBO and publically shared materials from the NCBO. Please visit our Main Site for more information and materials.
Ontology Development Area
Below are wikis for some of the current OBO ontologies. Each wiki is housed on the bioontologies.org wiki, in its own partition (wikispace) of the main wiki
- PATO:Main_Page - An ontology of phenotypic qualities
- RO:Main_Page - OBO Relations ontology
- CARO:Main_Page - Reference anatomical ontology
- CL:Main_Page - OBO Cell ontology
- SO:Main_Page - Sequence Ontology
- Disease:Main_Page - Disease Ontology, and other ontologies pertaining to diseases and disorders
- OCI:Main_Page - Ontology of Clinical Investigation
- NPO:Main_Page - NanoParticle Ontology
Note that each ontology lives in its own wikispace which corresponds to the OBO:IDSpace of that ontology. Note for wiki editors: all wiki pages that are to be considered local to a particular ontology should be prefixed with that IDSpace.
Software Development Area
- Bioportal:Main_Page - Main page for accessing Bioportal
- OboInOwl:Main_Page - Mapping between OBO and OWL formats
- Phenote:Main_Page - A Phenotype Annotation Tool using Ontologies
- NCBO-OOR Development - Documentation on how the Open Ontology Repository community can customize and advance BioPortal capabilities.
- RDF Triple Stores - Notes, learning and how-tos regarding uploading data to various triple stores
- Path to Root - Project for consuming the path to root and other OBS rest services
- Annotation Summarizer - Project utilizing OBS REST services to derive information from datasets referencing ontologies in BioPortal
- PURL Server - Instructions on how to set-up a PURL server and create Master-Slave architecture for redudancy
- Lexicon Builder - Project for creating a service that allows building of custom lexicons from bioportal ontologies.
- Medline Analysis - Project for applying natural language processing methods on Medline to analyze the frequency and syntactic type distribution of ontology terms.
- MetaMap Installation - Project to install a custom MetaMap using the NCBO data in order to integrate it in the Annotator Web service workflow.
- BioPortal REST services - Documentation on how to use BioPortal functionality as Web services
- Annotator Web service - Documentation & information about the NCBO Annotator
- Ontology Recommender Web service - Documentation & information about the NCBO Ontology Recommender
- Resource Index - Documentation & information about the annotation-based NCBO biomedical Resources Index
- Retired -> See BioPortal REST services for access to UMLS content. UMLS_REST_Services - Documentation on how to use our prototype UMLS services (NetKernel)