Difference between revisions of "Minutes from 07/19/07 Conference Call"

From NCBO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 10: Line 10:
 
#Report from the recent OBI workshop held at NIH last week
 
#Report from the recent OBI workshop held at NIH last week
  
##Review of Meeting by Richard
+
*Review of Meeting by Richard
  
##Discussed Milestones at https://wiki.cbil.upenn.edu/obiwiki/index.php/Milestones
+
*Discussed Milestones at https://wiki.cbil.upenn.edu/obiwiki/index.php/Milestones
  
##Items 6, 10, and 15 were most relevant for OCI part
+
*Items 6, 10, and 15 were most relevant for OCI part
  
##OCI would be considered a Community under OBI
+
*OCI would be considered a Community under OBI
  
 
#Discuss plans for OBI/OCI co-development
 
#Discuss plans for OBI/OCI co-development
  
##Question how best to continue development of OCI within the framework of OBI
+
*Question how best to continue development of OCI within the framework of OBI
  
##How best to ensure the continued development of the OCI community
+
*How best to ensure the continued development of the OCI community
  
##Importance of developing detailed Use Cases
+
*Importance of developing detailed Use Cases
  
##Review the list of terms to determine what is missing in OBI and identify those Branches where terms need to be developed
+
*Review the list of terms to determine what is missing in OBI and identify those Branches where terms need to be developed
  
##OCI group will work in parallel to assemble complete term lists and develop proposed ontology structure under high level OBI core
+
*OCI group will work in parallel to assemble complete term lists and develop proposed ontology structure under high level OBI core
  
##OCI terms and structures will then be contributed to OBI branches for incorporation
+
*OCI terms and structures will then be contributed to OBI branches for incorporation
  
##Need for a User Friendly view of the OCI specific terms as a subset of the OBI terms
+
*Need for a User Friendly view of the OCI specific terms as a subset of the OBI terms
  
 
#Proposal for a transnational collaboration from Matthias Samwald, Medical University of Vienna
 
#Proposal for a transnational collaboration from Matthias Samwald, Medical University of Vienna
  
##Agreed that it was important for the OCI development to be a part of this proposal
+
*Agreed that it was important for the OCI development to be a part of this proposal
  
##Richard will formulate a letter of agreement to Matthias for his grant proposal which will be submitted on Monday, July 23.
+
*Richard will formulate a letter of agreement to Matthias for his grant proposal which will be submitted on Monday, July 23.
  
##Matthias will send info to Richard.
+
*Matthias will send info to Richard.
  
##Christian has agreed to be the liaison to this project for OCI community
+
*Christian has agreed to be the liaison to this project for OCI community

Revision as of 06:37, 25 July 2007

Go back to OCI:Main Page

Next TC will be the cDISC and BRIDG presentations schedule

  • Aug 2 at 11 central Bron Kisler will give a presentation about the CDISC Terminology Program
  • Aug 10 at 11 central Doug Fridsma will give a presentation bout BRIDG and its relationship with the NCI Enterprise Vocabulary System (EVS)


  1. Report from the recent OBI workshop held at NIH last week
  • Review of Meeting by Richard
  • Items 6, 10, and 15 were most relevant for OCI part
  • OCI would be considered a Community under OBI
  1. Discuss plans for OBI/OCI co-development
  • Question how best to continue development of OCI within the framework of OBI
  • How best to ensure the continued development of the OCI community
  • Importance of developing detailed Use Cases
  • Review the list of terms to determine what is missing in OBI and identify those Branches where terms need to be developed
  • OCI group will work in parallel to assemble complete term lists and develop proposed ontology structure under high level OBI core
  • OCI terms and structures will then be contributed to OBI branches for incorporation
  • Need for a User Friendly view of the OCI specific terms as a subset of the OBI terms
  1. Proposal for a transnational collaboration from Matthias Samwald, Medical University of Vienna
  • Agreed that it was important for the OCI development to be a part of this proposal
  • Richard will formulate a letter of agreement to Matthias for his grant proposal which will be submitted on Monday, July 23.
  • Matthias will send info to Richard.
  • Christian has agreed to be the liaison to this project for OCI community
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox