Jump to navigation Jump to search
Basic functional requirements
- Provide persistent URIs for all content in BioPortal terminologies and ontologies
- All URIs will contain the version info for the terminology so that new terminology releases do not invalidate older URIs (ie, no URI ever disappears).
- All URIs provided by NCBO will have a base format of "http://bioontology.org/..."
- The URI will contain the version number of the terminology/ontology so that NCBO provides unique URIs for every term in every version.
- Enable people to refer to a URI that always points to the most current version of a term
- Add a link between URIs of different versions of the same term (in doing so have a "linked list" representing the history). This is purely additive so this will not affect the task of making URIs unique and persistent per version.