Jump to navigation Jump to search
1. URI Requirements
Basic functional URI requirements
- Provide persistent URIs for all content in BioPortal terminologies and ontologies
- All URIs will contain the version info for the terminology so that new terminology releases do not invalidate older URIs (ie, no URI ever disappears).
- All URIs provided by NCBO will have a base format of "http://bioontology.org/..."
- The URI will contain the version number of the terminology/ontology so that NCBO provides unique URIs for every term in every version.
- Enable people to refer to a URI that always points to the most current version of a term
Future URI requirements
- Add a link between URIs of different versions of the same term (in doing so have a "linked list" representing the history). This is purely additive so this will not affect the task of making URIs unique and persistent per version.
2. Web API
3. Load scripts to incorporate new ontologies into BioPortal
- Load SNOMED and ICD
- Load newly submitting ontologies into LexGrid
4. Ontology alignment (Show mappings of terms in different ontologies)
- Display the mapping of a term in one ontology to a term in another ontology as a distinct link in graph view.
- Permit upload of bulk mappings
- Permit user to create a new mapping to a selected term
5. Basic ontology diff (compare ontology versions)
- Pre-compute diffs for versions of all ontologies in BioPortal
- Present tabular display of differences between two selected versions of ontologies
6. Critical enhancements to BioPortal 1.0
- Prioritize feature requests collected thus far
7. UVIC Jambalaya applet for advanced ontology visualization
- Create Java applet of Jambalaya, adapted to make API calls to BioPortal
8. Ontology Marginal Notes
- Permit user to select an ontology class in BioPortal and create structured and free text annotations on ontology classes
9. Integrate Degree of Interest Models into BioPortal
- Integrate Diamond prototype currently in Protege into BioPortal