To help PATO curators find appropriate terms there should be where possible images of exemplar instances as part of the ontology
- Images will be collected in a repository (eg obo cvs - remember to use cvs admin -kb)
- Submission of images in the tracker highly encouraged, especially for obscure shape terms
- Images can be submitted either by attaching a file in the tracker, or pasting a URL
- PATO editor will collect these into the repository, giving each an ID
- These can be automatically displayed in the OE2 image plugin
these can be kept in either cvs/obo/website/images or in cvs/obo/ontology/phenotype/images. They can then be auto-published onto a server allowing software to automatically fetch the image.
Each time an image of some instance of PATO is submitted, it should go into a directory named after the pato class. Metadata on the image can be optionally attached in a file of the same name with a different prefix
images/ PATO:0001363/ spiral_bacterium.jpg spiral_bacterium.txt PATO:0001797/ clubbed_foot1.jpg clubbed_foot1.owl
We don't need to standardize on metadata for now - a free text description should be sufficient, but structured descriptions are also welcome.