BioPortal 2.0.1 (Label 1005) Release Notes
Author: Misha Dorf 9/19/2008
We have completed a production release of the latest version of BioPortal 2.0 (labeled “1005”), designed to address numerous critical issues as well as implement a number of server optimizations, UI fixes, and performance enhancements. Here is the list of resolved issues and new features:
Bug #703: Very large XML path to root document for TAO:0000578
Bug #541: BP should have the NCIT version that is available on the NCICB site and *not* pull it from OBO foundry
Bug #472: "Lost your password" doesn't work
Bug #531: URLs for BioPortal concepts
Bug #465: Uploaded ontology doesn't show up in list
Bug #562: When downloading mapping the user list is not up to date
Bug #515: After registration failure, can still edit metadata -- But no edits saved
Bug #644: Problem with Root to concept when on a top level node
Bug #490: Get a mapping icon next to a class that has no mappings
Bug #651: Cell Cycle Ontology - Incorrect Relationship and Ontology Navigation
Bug #496: Marginal note icon appears when there are no marginal notes
Bug #656: The "download" link for remote ontologies points to a wrong URL
Bug #493: Commas in the wrong place for properties with multiple values
Bug #560: The term "Element" in the resource tab must be replaced by "Annotations"
Bug #677: Flex visualization problem with deep paths
Bug #662: Cell Cycle Ontology Search and User problems
Bug #679: BioPortal hangs when clicking on some "Latest marginal notes"
Bug #593: Many ontology (ex Cell Type) have Explore links that are broken
Bug #482: Search Results - Concept does not load for NCI Thesaurus:Aspirin_Clopidogrel-Bisulfate
Bug #652: Exploring big ontologies in the Tree has very large lag time
Bug #550: Simply closing an ontology browsing tab can sometime take hours
Bug #521: Strip out language prefix (e.g. "~#en") from Owl rdfs:comment fields in the REST XML
Support #691: URL Links to an existing TAO concepts is not working
Support #699: Proxy Error - Human Disease Ontolgoy - Prostate Cancer
Support #705: earch not finding terms containing 2+ words in name
1. The "Browse ontologies" page now shows the latest mappings and marginal notes that users added to BioPortal
2. The new "Projects" tab enables users to describe their projects and link to them. When describing their project, users can link the description to the BioPortal ontologies that they use in the project.
3. Search results for OWL ontologies are now correctly ordered by ranking
4. "My Projects" page enables users to edit the projects descriptions that they have submitted previously.
5. On the "All Mappings" page, only ontologies that have any mappings defined appear in the pull-down list. The list contains the number of mappings for each ontology.
New REST Service Base URL
Note that we have updated the URL to rest services to a more permanent and intuitive version: http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal and the port has changed from 8080 to the standard, 80. The old REST service links will still work, but going forward, we should distribute the above base URL for all our RESTful services.
For detailed documentation of the REST services, please see http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_Developer_Documentation#BioPortal_2.0.