Workshop on the Relationship Ontology
The National Center for Biomedical Ontology will host a two-day workshop focused on the relationship between terms (classes) in ontologies.
The goals of this workshop are to develop the content of the relationship ontology. In particular we will discuss these areas:
- To add new relationships to RO: Current Proposals for new relations
- The "regulates" relationship
- The relations that are required for anatomies and development
- The relations that are required for describing phenotypic data
- The relations that are required for cross-products between anatomy and biological process
- To consolidate the methodology for doing so
Monday, May 19th 2008
8:30 Suzi Lewis: Logistics and protocols
8:45 Introductions: why you attended, background and expertise
9:00 Barry Smith (moderator): Discussion of methodology for creating new relations (e.g. some-part question)
10:30 (continued) Discussion of methodology for creating new relations (e.g. some-part question)
11:30 Set priorities and ordering of the listed discussion topics.
13:00 Discussion of topics
15:30 Discussion of topics
17:30 Done for the day
Tuesday, May 20th 2008
8:30 Discussion of topics
11:00 Discussion of topics
1:30 Discussion of topics
2:30 Suzi Lewis: Summary of the meeting, action items, resolutions, and future plans.
Monday and Tuesday, May 19-20, 2008
University of Colorado Medical School
This meeting will take place on the [Anschutz medical Campus of the University of Colorado at Denver], probably in room 204 of the Ben Nighthorse Campbell building.
Fly in to the [Denver International Airport].
A good nearby hotel is the [East Denver Drury Inn].
If you need advice or want to talk to someone regarding logistics, email [Kathy Thomas] and mention the Relation Ontology expert meeting in May.
- Mike Bada (host / Denver, CO)
- Judith Blake (JAX / Bar Harbor, ME)
- Larry Hunter (host / Denver, CO)
- Suzi Lewis (NCBO / Berkeley, CA)
- David Osumi-Sutherland (FlyBase / Cambridge, UK)
- Alan Ruttenberg (Science Commons / Cambridge, MA)
- Barry Smith (NCBO / Buffalo, NY)
- Thomas Bittner (Center for Ontology / Buffalo, NY)
- Melissa Haendel (ZFIN / Eugene, OR)
- David Hill (MGI / Bar Harbor, ME)
- Waclaw Kusnierczyk (Bergen, Norway)
- Chris Mungall (NCBO / Berkeley, CA)
- Fabian Neuhaus (NIST / Wash, DC)
- Cornelius Rosse (FMA / Seattle, WA)