Welcome to the National Center for Biomedical Ontology (NCBO) public wiki. This wiki provides information about collaborative ontology development efforts, as well as user guides and technical documentation for software developed by the NCBO.
Please visit our main site for more information about the NCBO.
To follow is a list of software developed and maintained by the NCBO:
- BioPortal - A web-based application for accessing and sharing biomedical ontologies
- BioPortal REST API - A REST API to access BioPortal content
- BioPortal Virtual Appliance - Contains BioPortal and the BioPortal REST API, runs on Linux
- BioPortal SPARQL Endpoint - Access BioPortal content via SPARQL queries (obsolete)
Please refer to our release notes page for change logs.
User Support Documentation
- BioPortal Help - General BioPortal help documentation.
- Using NCBO Technology in Your Project - Documentation on how to use NCBO Technology in your project
- NCBO REST Web services - Listing of all NCBO web services with usage documentation
- BioPortal SPARQL Endpoint - BioPortal SPARQL documentation
- BioPortal Virtual Appliance - Contains BioPortal, Annotator, and Resource Index.
- Developer Documentation - Some documentation for developers
Ontology Development Projects
These are some of the ontology development projects that NCBO has participated in:
- BRO:Main_Page - Biomedical Resource Ontology
- TMO: - Translational Medicine Ontology
- NPO:Main_Page - NanoParticle Ontology
- PATO:Main_Page - An ontology of phenotypic qualities
- RO:Main_Page - OBO Relations ontology
- CARO:Main_Page - Reference anatomical ontology
- CL:Main_Page - OBO Cell ontology
- SO:Main_Page - Sequence Ontology
- Disease:Main_Page - Disease Ontology, and other ontologies pertaining to diseases and disorders
- OCI:Main_Page - Ontology of Clinical Investigation